Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WIP Wednesday the Forty First...

It's been a LONG week.

Saturday I went to the LA fabric district with some friends from Faire. I'm not working Faire this year, but it was nice to hang out with the girls from my guild.

The LA fabric district is this section of LA near the Staples Center.


Some stores are small.


Some are bigger.


All are pretty packed with fabric. 


To the point were you feel a little afraid that you might end up buried alive if there's an earthquake. 

 I didn't buy any fabric - I have enough already - but I did walk away with 6 skeins of Cascade 220.


It's not the colors recommended for Ravenclaw in Charmed Knits, but it's close enough. I was going to get some Noro, but decided not to at the last minute - I didn't really like the feel of it. 

Work has been insanely busy so I haven't done much knitting - but I did get a few rows done on my break today.


So, remember how a couple of weeks ago I said the Husband had a weld test? He was called back for an interview - which he went to today - but we don't anything will happen. Apparently the company thought he was already in the process of moving and didn't realize he hadn't yet and would be living in a hotel for a week or two while we found a place (though why they thought he would move up there before he had a job there is beyond me...) They claimed they've had problems with people living in hotels and even though he pointed out that he is not like those people, they didn't appear to be very receptive to the idea, and that it would be a couple of weeks. 

We're pretty disappointed. We didn't want to leave our friends and family, but we both thought he was a shoe in for the job after he passed the weld test because, well, why would they invite him back up for an interview just to say no?

So now we're hoping the other theme park job comes through. That's where he really wants to work anyways.

In addition to that I found out today that my former company is officially making cut backs now and is in the process of letting go 600 people. I had a feeling it was coming - but it still makes my heart ache for my friends and former coworkers all the same. 

Hopefully everything is going much better for everyone in their parts of the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment