Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WIP Wednesday the Fortieth...

I honestly haven't done very much knitting this week. I've been too busy writing (my 'short' story is no longer short - it's clocking in at 13500 words) and reading. Timeless, the last book in the Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger showed up on Monday and I'm already half way through it.


I started reading the Parasol Protectorate two years ago. My friend Steph had recommended it to me, and, like I always did I just smiled and nodded and pretty much ignored her suggestion. Steph loved books but her tasted tended towards dark and twisted - and my tastes were decidedly not dark nor twisted (Stephen King being the one exception) Then one day I stumbled across the first book, Soulless, and instantly fell in love with Alexia. She was smart, funny, and so delightfully snarky. I instantly regretted not listening to Steph sooner - and I promptly went out and bought copies of Soulless for all my friends. 

I'm sad to see the series end - but Ms Carriger is working on a series set in the same universe called the Finishing School series that comes out next year, and after that she'll be working on a series about Alexia's daughter - so it's not really over yet.

Still no word from the Visalia job my Husband applied for - but he did apply and interview for a position at another local theme park this week. This one is much larger than Knott's Berry Farm and has a better schedule that would offer him more hours and a better opportunities. So, we shall see what happens *crosses fingers*


1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to add Ms Carrige to my GoodReads list. I've been looking for something new and different to read. Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete