Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday the First...


Tami's Amis does something on her blog called Work in Progress Wednesday and, like the lemming that I sometimes am, I have decided to join in.

Yesterday I was finally able to get more Lion Brand yarn for the Harry Potter Scarf I am making for a coworker, and I was able to make a bit of progress on it. In fact, it's grown quite a lot since I last showed it off:



There hasn't been any progress on my hat because I realized that we're only 4 months away from our trip to Ireland, and HTB really wants to have a Slytherin scarf by then, so the hat has been put aside in favor of yet another scarf. However, I haven't cast on yet because I'm still torn between using the pattern available on The Leaky Cauldron, or if I want to actually buy the Charmed Knits book. A friend loaned me a copy, which I then passed on to another friend with her permission. I could ask for it back, but I know my friend needs it as much as I do, and frankly, I'd just really like to have my own copy to dog ear, y'know? Also, the yarn that I have for that project is sport weight Telemark from Knit Picks (which is really nice BTW) but the pattern calls for worsted weight, and suggests Cascade 220 specifically.. and I noticed yesterday that WEBS is having a sale on Cascade 220... hmmm.... but I think HTB might have a conniption if I buy any more yarn, so I may have to start with the Telemark and just see how it goes. 

How are your projects going?

5 comments:

  1. Your stitches look amazingly consistent, can I just say that??

    Seems like everyone's keeping you quite busy with requests -- in addition to being a bride-to-be! How do you stay sane?!

    And since you asked. . . I actually BO my mom's scarf since I posted my WIP Wednesday blog entry. . . The tedious chore of fringing lays ahead of me. :-\

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of the projects are my own fault for going, oh, you're having a baby? Here. Let me make you this! Or, you've never had anyone make you a scarf? Done! I really don't mind though - it's actually helping me stay sane and taking my mind off of the wedding stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried to make a snitch yet, though I should - I have more than enough yellow left over from the first baby blanket I made... hmmm...

    In regards to the Cascade yarn. I think I have to get some. Who knows how much longer that sale will last, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY HP!! I'm a huge HP dork. I noticed in your bio that you work in so cal and for a game company. My husband and I work in the game industry in So Cal (or I did until I quit last June). Also, since you're a huge HP fan, have you been to Whimsic Alley in LA? It's across the street from LACMA on Wilshire.

    Oh yeah, your project! LOL, the scarf looks great! I have the Charmed Knits book, but haven't used it yet. I got it crazy cheap at Bookcloseouts.com. Not sure if they still have it or not though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kathleen - Thank you for the links! I can't wait to try them out :)

    @Tami - Yes! HTB and I went up there for the first time in January, and we had to restrain ourselves from buying everything in the store. We even considered, for a fleeting moment, maybe having our wedding there - and then decided against it for a number of reasons. But as soon as we have a kid and they're old enough to read Harry Potter, that's where their birthday party will be at!

    Sadly Bookcloseouts.com didn't have Charmed Knits anymore - but they had a lot of other books I wouldn't mind getting my hands on ;)

    ReplyDelete