Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day seven: Your knitting and crochet time.

Write about your typical crafting time. When it is that you are likely to craft – alone or in more social environments, when watching TV or whilst taking bus journeys. What items do you like to surround yourself with whilst you twirl your hook like a majorette’s baton or work those needles like a skilled set of samurai swords. Do you always have snacks to hand, or are you a strictly ‘no crumbs near my yarn!’ kind of knitter.


Usually, when I crochet it's at night time right after I get home from work and the gym. I'll curl up on the loveseat and go to town. Most of the time when I crochet I'm usually lying down because Connor kitty likes to come over and curl up on my chest or shoulder and bicep. He hasn't been doing that much lately though; as soon as I get home him and Murphy cat get the crazies and start running around and my crocheting is interrupted by me flinching and curling up into a ball for fear of my life. 


When I write, I usually write at work. Lately there has been a lot of down time in between calls, and there's only so many emails you can answer, or times you can study the internal websites before you begin to loose it, so I'll take a few moments here and there to write a little bit. 


Drawing has been largely ignored the past few months. There's stuff I want to work on, but I just haven't... Maybe when we move and the wedding is over, and my friends stop getting pregnant I'll be able to put the crochet hook down and start drawing again... who am I kidding, I probably won't, because then their kiddos will be old enough for me to start making them other things like Amigurumi Star Wars dolls and lightsabers and little capes and... etc etc etc...


And that's all for Knitting and Crochet Blog week folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment