Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

WIP Wednesday the Twenty Third...

First off, pictures from day five, six, and seven of our trip to Scotland and Ireland have been posted.

Sorry for not posting last week - yet again I had not made as much progress as I expected, and then a position that I applied for at work required me to fill out a writing test to continue the application process. Sadly it didn't go any farther than that.

Yet again I find myself torn about what to do - I love the company I work for, but at the same time, the opportunities for advancement are almost nil because its such a popular company. I want to stick around, but I also want to find something better so the Husband and I can afford to start a family. As the old saying goes, you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.

Oh well, at least my personal writing is going well, though I just tacked on another two sections that added about 1000 words to the story - and I kept telling myself that I wouldn't do that, that I would just edit the story and clean up the ending. But then I wanted to round out a character a little more, and one thing lead to another, so now I have to finish up these new bits along with fixing up the last half, and I only have a week and a half to do so (which is my personal deadline)


Hey! Look at that! The Gryffindor scarf lives! It's looking kinda greenish at the moment though because my coworkers installed blue filters in the overhead lights at work about a week ago. 


And the Slytherin scarf is getting longer too. However, now that I'm getting so close to the end (only two green stripes away) I keep worrying that I'm going to either run out of yarn, or loose the last skein of yarn, and then I'll have to order more and wait for it to show up. 

I went to the Vista Fiber Arts Fiesta (I keep wanting to call it a festival) with Contessa this weekend. We ended up meeting Tami and hanging out and chatting with her for a bit, and I bought two skeins of her yummy lace weight yarn in Plum and Blackberry. (At least I think those are the names of the colors - they're out in the  car right now, and I'm too lazy to get up and grab them) I was thinking of maybe doing either the Godric's Hollow hat or the Chroma Stocking cap. Both call for worsted weight yarn, so I'd have to adjust the pattern for the lighter weight (I found some instructions here) But that will have to wait until the scarves and baby blankets are done before I could start on it.

9 comments:

  1. Scarves are looking good, although the blue light filter confused me for a second there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure both scarves will be fine. Don't worry! You can do eet! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scarves. I always panic about running out of yarn too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you decide to make. It was so awesome to meet you this weekend. You two are the first I've met from the blog in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about work, I work for a Charity and I totally know what you mean about loving your job but not having many opportunities for progression. It's a tough situation to be in.

    Love the Harry Potter scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you, getting some Candy Skeins in person! I'm sorry the new job didn't work out -- I hope something even better is just around the corner for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your scarves are looking great, green tinges aside! I would love to make these scarves, one day....*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just watched the first Deathly Hallows film, so finding your scarves is rather fitting. Harry Potter really isn't for children any more at all is it.

    ReplyDelete