Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day Three: Tidy mind, tidy stitches (part 1)

How do you keep your yarn wrangling organised? 


There is no rhyme or reason to my yarn wrangling. I tried to keep it organized at first, and then we moved, and now we're looking at another move, and the cats love attacking the bags and climbing onto shelves where the bins were stored and knocking the bins over, so now it's just scattered about the apartment. 


I have a Haunted Mansion tote that is home to my current project and the yarns needed for it that stays next to my love seat. The new Harry Potter scarf that I'm working on for a coworker is kept in a plastic bag next to the tote because there isn't enough room in the tote for it right now (The baby blanket has gotten huge!) and the yarn for my cowl is kept in the same area. 


The stuff I ordered from knit picks is currently buried in one of those 5 gallon plastic storage bins that I meant to use for my fabric. Some other yarn is kept in a plastic bag in the hall closet, and the rest of the yarn (including my yarn hair falls that I made for Bats Day one year and never wore again because they shed so much) is kept in a smaller bin that was in the bedroom closet, but the cats have knocked it down from the shelf it was on so many times that it just sits on the floor now because I got tired of putting it back up there. 


And that's all the places I can think of that my yarn might be hiding. I will post pictures later because I didn't have time to last night...

No comments:

Post a Comment