Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

Barefoot in the Kitchen with Peanut Butter...

That title sounds really dirty. I swear to you it's not.

Yesterday, I wanted to have something sweet for desert (normally we don't do desert in our house) but I had baked up all the cookie mix, and we didn't have enough ingredients for cookies from scratch. All we had was one lonely tub of vanilla ice cream. Normally I like vanilla ice cream, but usually with something else to accompany it, like chocolate syrup, strawberries or bananas.

Sadly we were all out of those.

However we did have peanut butter. In fact we have a lot of peanut butter, because it's one of my favorite foods. Seriously. I love it. PB&J sandwiches, peanut butter cups, peanut butter brownies, peanut butter shakes. You cannot go wrong with peanut butter.

Was it possible, I thought to myself, to put peanut butter on ice cream as a topping? We've tried Nutella on soft serve at the local fro yo place, and that was pretty good. But Nutella isn't as thick as peanut butter, and it's a little sweeter too.

Wondering if plain old peanut butter and ice cream would work out, I decided to do a search for 'Peanut Butter Ice Cream Topping' in google to find out.

This recipe from All Recipes was the first one to pop up. I clicked on the link and discovered that the recipe was really simple! All it called for was sugar, water, and peanut butter. You heat up the sugar and water on the stove, for about a minute, then add it to the peanut butter and you're good to go!

I told my husband and we decided to give it a shot.

Instead of using the 1 cup of sugar that the recipe called for, we decided to go with a third instead because some of the reviews said the 1 cup was too much. We probably should have added a little more water as well, because the syrup came out really thick. Despite that, it was really really good, and my husband and I enjoyed it immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment