Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

WIP Wednesday the Fiftieth!

I have not made as much progress on my knitting or my crochet due to the fact that work has been really really busy. I've been going in early to help out, and then by the time I get home I'm so exhausted that I end up falling asleep on the couch. But I can't do that anymore - the husband and I decided that we will be going to the Renn Faire this weekend so I have to buckle down and get this bodice finished ASAP.

Tonight was spent cutting out the fabric for the bodice:

(Murphy is wondering why I am playing with fabric and not petting him)

(An idea for the shoulder tabs)

I also started playing around with ideas for the boning. I had run out of boning, so I had to borrow from a friend, and all she had left was 1/4" wide boning. I'm used to working with 1/2" wide boning, which is a little more supportive. However, the 1/4" wide boning means I can use/have to use more boning in the bodice over all:


I think the most bones I've used in a bodice was ten. This style means that there will be 22 bones over all.

Tomorrow I start sewing the lining together, piecing the front and decorations together, and applying the decorative bits. Check back next week to see if I make my deadline or not!





2 comments:

  1. I love how cats always plop down in the middle of what you're doing and glare disapprovingly. It makes me want to squish them. :) Good luck with your deadline - I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the sewing.

    Murphy looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete