Tonight was spent cutting out the fabric for the bodice:
(Murphy is wondering why I am playing with fabric and not petting him)
(An idea for the shoulder tabs)
I also started playing around with ideas for the boning. I had run out of boning, so I had to borrow from a friend, and all she had left was 1/4" wide boning. I'm used to working with 1/2" wide boning, which is a little more supportive. However, the 1/4" wide boning means I can use/have to use more boning in the bodice over all:
I think the most bones I've used in a bodice was ten. This style means that there will be 22 bones over all.
Tomorrow I start sewing the lining together, piecing the front and decorations together, and applying the decorative bits. Check back next week to see if I make my deadline or not!