Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Music Monday: Coney Island Waltz...

I am a big Phantom of the Opera fan. I was first introduced to it my freshman year in high school, when our choir teacher took a group of us to the Pantages to see it. I immediately fell in love with the Phantom. Even though his relationship (obsession) with Christine was very unhealthy (we're talking worse than Edward and Bella) there was something about him that was just magnetic.

Then I found out that Andrew Lloyd Webber was making a sequel to the Phantom of the Opera called Love Never Dies. I may have squeaked in outrage - the original did not need a sequel! It was fine the way it was! - and absolutely refused to have anything to do with it.

Well, curiosity killed the cat. One day I decided to take a look at the sequel just to see what it was about, and listen to some of the music. I was surprised to find out that it wasn't half-bad (and by half bad I mean utterly addicting to the point that I find myself humming some of the songs when I least expect it). My favorite by far is Coney Island Waltz:


No comments:

Post a Comment