Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WIP Wednesday the Sixty Fifth

It's been an eventful couple of days here in Anaheim;

On Saturday I participated in the Run For Your Lives 5k - which is a zombie infested 5k race with obstacles. I was a zombie, and spent three hours trying to grab flags off of runners when they ran by. I returned home dirty, sore, and sunburnt, but I would do it again in a heart beat. It was SO MUCH FUN.

(This was prior to being splashed with more blood, because you can never have enough blood)

Sunday was spent hobbling around the house and recovering from the Race. 

Monday I woke up to find that our upstairs bathroom was leaking into our downstairs bathroom. Then something snapped off my clutch pedal on the way to work (thankfully the clutch is still working but I still took it in to the dealer today for service... just in case). And to top everything else off, traffic was so bad that it took me over an hour and a half to get to work.  

Tuesday was trying. The husband had to go to EDD for an interview where basically they wanted to make sure he was still looking for work. It was a big waste of time because all they did was ask for documentation showing all the jobs he applied for and that was it. Meanwhile, my work computer was freezing up every so often and generally being a pain in the butt. I swear if I ever get a new computer, or leave that job, I am taking a baseball bat to that thing and putting it out of it's misery a la Officespace.

Thank God today is hump day and it's all downhill from here right?

At least the mystery baby blanket is going well. I have reached the point where I feel comfortable doing just a straight granny stitch from here on out. It's ruffling on me a little, but it's looking pretty good so far!


I'm thinking of casting on another harry potter scarf. The weather is getting a bit on the chilly side finally and I would love to have a nice long fluffy scarf to help keep me warm. I know I have my technicolor dream scarf, but I've made so many harry potter scarves for friends and family and I want my own. The question is do I make a Hufflepuff scarf... or a Ravenclaw scarf? I've always identified with Ravenclaw (My old high school has the same colors as Ravenclaw... kinda... We were blue and orange, they're blue and bronze. It's close enough!) but when I joined Pottermore I was sorted in to Hufflepuff (which, interestingly enough, shares the same colors as my husband's high school - yellow and black) Hmmm.




No comments:

Post a Comment