Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Cooking

In our house, my Husband has always been the one that cooks the meals. I can cook, and was fully capable of putting together some nom-tastic meals when I was living on my own, but the moment he came over, and the moment we moved in together, the kitchen was his. Every now and then I would be allowed access to make a meal, or bake something, but the majority of the cooking was always done by him.

That changed recently: when we came home from our honeymoon, he went from working the morning shift to working nights, so I ended up eating either microwave dinners or fast food. I realized that fast food wasn't exactly helping my waistline or my wallet, so, a couple of weeks ago, I started cooking our meals. It wasn't great at first - I relied on a lot of canned soups and boxed dinners - but over time I've gotten a bit braver. Now that I'm out of a job, I have a LOT more time to cook (and I'll have to be a bit more creative about it) I figured 'why not share it my escapades of attempting what to make for dinner?'

So, starting now, on Sundays and Mondays, I'll be posting updates of my progress in rediscovering my cooking abilities and sharing recipes that are inexpensive and easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment