Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day six: Something to aspire to

Is there a pattern or skill that you don’t yet feel ready to tackle but which you hope to (or think you can only dream of) tackling in the future, near or distant? Is there a skill or project that makes your mind boggle at the sheer time, dedication and mastery of the craft? Maybe the skill or pattern is one that you don’t even personally want to make but can stand back and admire those that do. Maybe it is something you think you will never be bothered to actually make but can admire the result of those that have.


Oh, that's easy enough to answer - I would love to learn how to knit. My Mom tried to teach me, but we never got past purling because she would show me how to do it, and then I would do it for a little while, put it away and then by the time I picked it up again I had completely forgotten. (I'm not sure how crocheting skipped this fate...) There are times when knitting looks easy... and then there are times when the videos I watch completely confuse me... /sigh


The main reason I want to knit though is purely so I can make a Harry Potter Scarf. I know I can do it with Tunisian crochet... but it's just not the same :P

No comments:

Post a Comment