Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

The Bodice of Blood and Broken Teeth...

It's been a long time since I've done one of these, but then I haven't had that many finished objects to share until just recently! 


This is the bodice I made for a friend to wear on her first visit to the Renaissance Faire. It's a very lovely piece, made of a soft blue fabric that reminds me of velvet. However, beneath it's 'pet me' exterior, lies a horrible secret; this bodice is secretly a vampire.

A what, you say?

A vampire.

See, this bodice, while very simple and beautiful, claimed so much of blood while I was making it, that I am surprised it isn't stained! I also chipped a tooth while trying to turn it right side out - more proof that it's a vicious beast that cannot be trusted.

I kid. I kid.

However, it did poke me with pins an awful lot when I was making it. So much so that my husband soon grew used to my exclamations of pain whenever another pin found a sensitive part of my fingers. Also, I did chip a tooth while trying to turn it right side out; the fabric was too thick to go through the shoulder straps and got stuck. When I couldn't pry it loose with my fingers, I tried my teeth, and I quickly learned why you don't ever want to do that!

But despite all that, it's a very pretty bodice, and my friend enjoyed it. She also came to absolutely no harm while wearing it. Probably because it took it's frustrations out on me...




2 comments:

  1. Oh God that's some intense sewing :( hopefully your friend appreciates your pain!

    ReplyDelete