Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Still chipping away...

Based on my friend's advice I added a little bit to chapter three of TUO. The heroine and her friends now have a run in with a guard while trying to go down to the old bridge. I saw that some of you suggested that I wait till everything was done before I let my betas read it, but I was stuck, and my normal tricks to get unstuck weren't working. I've been helping this friend with her stories so I figured that she could help me with mine. And while I'm still stuck, at least my story is hopefully a little better for her advice.

The adult story (I really need to find a better name for it) is coming along at a scattered pace. I reached a point where I was also stuck with it, so I tried breaking the document down into separate documents for the various chapters to see if maybe that would help. While that made my computer happier, I'm still stuck. I blame the fact that I'm in the middle of a crowd scene with a lot of description and very little action. In the mean time I've been working on other, more interesting, parts of the story and wondering what my brain was on when it came up with this idea. Belly Dance and Hockey don't really go together. But somehow it's working. Perhaps because the opposites attract tropes is one of the oldest tropes out there. 

Meanwhile a friend drew me a very lovely picture of a character she created for me in her story as a Valentine's day gift. I've based characters off of friends before, but I've never had one based off of me - so I may have squeaked a lot and walked around with a silly grin on my face for most of the day.

Unfortunately the tax issues from last week still haven't been resolved. I don't feel very comfortable discussing them on the internet until everything is said and done, but it occurred to me that I may be able to submit the story of what happened to XOJane (one of my favorite online sites) as an It happened to Me article. A very boring IHTM article, since it's about taxes, but from what I've seen online while researching this issue, this actually does happen quite a bit and not everyone knows their rights. Maybe by putting my story out there I could possibly help someone. Who knows. 

And that is all the news that's fit to print at the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment